Monday, April 29, 2013

SCREEN FREE STOP: DALLAS, TX!

What's TLA? It's the TEXAS LIBRARY ASSOCIATION, of course!

I was invited to speak and sign my books at the mothership of Texas librarians held in Fort Worth, Texas. It's a place where librarians from all over the great state o' Texas gather to meet, greet and what else- TALK BOOKS!

It's also a place where authors and illustrators are invited to do the same. I knew it was going to be an incredible weekend, so I needed all the strength I could muster to keep up with the activities (I didn't want to miss a thing).


I started with a big breakfast (also known as the most important meal of the day- next to lunch and dinner- oh, yes, and several snacks). I needed my breakfast in a hurry! No need to put it on a plate, buddy. I'll eat it right out of the skillet! Yee-hah!


It's a who's who of children's book authors and illustrators at TLA. I ran into new chum Bob Shea and old chum Tony DiTerlizzi


Of course Doug was there!


I also got a chance to chat with my friend Jarrett Krosoczka, who suddenly put on a set of headphones and pushed me into a chair.

Why was he doing this?


Ah! Now I know why. He wanted to interview me for his podcast  Book Report on SiriusXM's Kid's Place Live!


I had a lovely dinner hosted by my publisher Random House with Tabatha Perry, Shelly Lane, me, Marianne Follis, Betty Carter, JK, Julie Duetzel-Glair, Susi Grissom.


Hey! Look who I ran into! Michael Buckley, Tom Angleberger (what? again?) and Tony DiTerlizzi. We were thinking about starting our own boy band, but decided we're probably a little too old.

Whew! What a swell time I had!

Time to saddle up and head on into the sunset to the next Screen Free Stop.

Adios, amigos!

1 comment:

  1. One of the best things about TLA, aside from all the talented authors/illustrators we get to meet, is the location, which alternates by year.

    TLA 2014, which is all but planned? It's in San Antonio!

    ReplyDelete